New York Haul

12.07.2013



I did a lot of shopping while I was in New York earlier this week, and a lot of people have asked me to do a haul of what I bought. In this post i'm going to include a few bits of non beauty related purchases, but i'm not going to include everything as I want to keep this post true to the theme of my blog. To avoid this post being too long, i'm not going to ramble on about each individual product for too long, but expect to see a lot of reviews coming up! 

I took full advantage of being near several NARS counters, as we don't have any near me in England. I picked up three blushes as I am a huge fan of their Orgasm and Deep Throat blushes. I got Madly, a shimmery blush that is a few shades darker then my natural skin tone, so I could also use this as a bronzer. I also got Sex appeal, a shade similar to Madly, but it is more of a pink shade with less shimmer, and finally Gaiety, a hot pink blush in the pan, but applies a pale flush of colour on the skin. I needed a new nude eyeliner for my water line, I had never tried any of the NARS eye products, so I was interested in seeing how this would work on me.  I also picked up the light reflecting setting powder, the Sheer Glow foundation and the tinted moisturiser after hearing rave reviews about them all. 




Before I even got to New York I made a few purchases, I got a Tom Ford lipstick in Pink Dusk and MAC's Ruby Woo. On the plane I managed to find a fibre Mascara and set of two Bobbi Brown gel liners, one in black and one in brown which were three things I knew I wanted to buy in New York.. After months of wanting to try Chantecaille's foundations, I decided to try the Future Skin foundation as I knew it is very moisturising and has a natural finish. I also bought Clinique bottom lash mascara and MACs lip liner in Naked. 


My sister bought the new Benefit Gimme Brow, and after seeing her apply it once I went out that same day and got one for myself - It makes filling in my eyebrows so much easier and quicker! I really love American drug stores as I feel they have a wider selection of makeup than we do here in the UK, I managed to find Stila's famous eye shadow in Kitten and I got a free lip gloss with it. Im really not a fan of lip gloss, but we'll see how I get on with this one. I also got Covergirl's Clump Clusher mascara on Nikki Phillippi's recommendation. I've used Covergirl mascaras for years and they are definitely some of the best on the drugstore market. I also picked up Loreals eye shadow in Morning Light on another recommendation from another Youtuber, Karissa Pukas. I have been looking for this in England for ages, but I don't believe its a available here, so I was very excited to find this gem. 



I also got quite a lot of skin care. I finally got myself a Clarisonic after wanted one of them for years. There was a great deal on Clarisonic's original MIA, instead of paying $150 I got this for $99.  I bought a whole new skin care a few weeks ago, but it gave me a bad allergic reaction, so I decided to go back to an old favourite of mine, Origins. I got the Modern Friction exfoliator along with the Mega-Bright facial cleanser. 


Also from Origins I got the A Perfect World toner, High-Potency Night-a-mins, Mega-Bright moisturiser and the Eye Doctor eye cream. So far, these have been working great for my skin and i've had no allergic reactions. I also bought the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate, this stuff is pricey, but it works like a dream. 


For my non-beauty related purchases, a lot of people wanted me to haul these two items that I got in New York. For a belated birthday present I got the Louis Vuitton Neverfall handbag, I wanted this for a long time and I am so happy to finally have one! I treated myself to a Kate Spade purse, my old Michael Kors one was getting a bit old and was starting to show its wear and tear, so I got this bright pink one. It feels really robust so i'm hoping this will last me a while. 





18 comments

  1. You got some amazing things, I love the Kate Spade wallet!
    Jennifer
    naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite purchases :)

      Delete
  2. I love your haul! Especially the NARS and the Kate Spade purse. ;) Thumbs up!

    http://paolaysabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your haul! Especially the NARS and the Kate Spade purse. ;) thumbs up!

    http://paolaysabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haul ^_^
    That NARS eyeliner looks amazing!
    You were so good when it came to the drugstore! I wouldn't have been able to control myself haha
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was hard to restrain myself!

      Delete
  5. Those Nars blushes look fabulous!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Review on its way soon

      Delete
  6. Kate Spade wallets are the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous, looks like you got some amazing bits! I love NARS' deep throat :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Kate Spade wallet, such a nice colour!

    xo Mel
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got some amazing stuff!! in particular love your kate spade wallet!!

    allyouneedisredlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really need a nars counter near me but german stores just don't stock nars products at all. sheer glow claims to be amazing. i really want to try it. i would love to see a review.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely post and so many amazing things!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many of these are on my christmas list :)

    http://silvannie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. those Nars blushes look so nice especially the pink one!:)I'm now following your blog girlie!:)x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x