Rosy Valentines Day Makeup Look

2.10.2014


Valentines day is coming up in just a few days, and because this year I am lucky enough to spend the day with my boyfriend, I'm going a little Valentine crazy. Im planning a few 'Valentines Day' inspired posts over the next few days, and I'm kicking them off with this subtle rosy look I created with the Naked 3 palette. I tried to photograph a step-by-step tutorial for this but today it just didn't work out, so I'll try and explain how I created this look the best I can. I've been requested to film a few makeup looks, but I'm a little camera shy when it comes to filming. 


I had to do a tutorial for Valentines day using the Naked 3 palette, so I created a shimmery rosy look that is perfect for a day date, or even if its a first date and you want a light and airy makeup look. I primed with my MAC Painterly Paint pot and then highlighted my brow bone and inner corners with Strange (This shade really brightens up your eye). I then lightly began blending the colour Nooner through my crease to create a gradient effect. To deepen the crease colour slightly and add definition I shaded Mugshot in the outer crease very lightly. To add a wash of shimmer and bring the look together I pressed the shade Dust on my lid. To finish the look I smudged the shade Blackheart into my upper and lower lash line to add a little more definition to my eyes. Follow with your favourite mascara, mine is Gifted from Tarte! 

I started with Tartes CC primer in the shade Light to correct any discolouration on my face and ensure my foundation lasts all day. To brighten my complexion I used Benefits That Gal Primer. I mixed a little of Benefits Highbeam with my NARS sheer glow foundation to give my skin a dewy finish. To conceal and highlight I used my trusted MAC Pro Longwear concealer under my eyes and anywhere else on my face that I wanted to highlight. For contour, highlight & blush 
 I used Benefits Hoola Bronzer, MACS Soft & Gentle & Tartes pink bronzer. I filled in my brows with MACS Fling eyebrow pencil, applied two coats of Tartes Gifted Mascara, and finished off the look with Benefits Posietint on my lips. 


!




4 comments

  1. The Naked 3 palette is so gorgeous! They're not shades that work for my skin tone but I absolutely love the shades!
    Rose de Chloe is high on my wishlist. Really hoping to get it in my collection soon!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and natural I love it :') perfect for valentines day as it shows your natural beauty plus your eyelashes are super long :O x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Damaris £100 Lingerie Giveaway! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Roses de Chloe! One of my fave perfumes, so gorgeous isn't it :)

    Love your blog by the way, just discovered you via The Beauty Milk! xx

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x