The Perfect Spring Lipstick

5.14.2014


I think I've found spring in a lipstick. 

I rarely allow myself to browse the YSL beauty counters due to my bank balance (or lack of), but occasionally I let myself indulge a little. While my sister and I were walking past a YSL counter a particular lipstick caught my eye. I had never previously owned a YSL lipstick, and my teeny tiny bank account was not about to let me add one to my collection any time soon. I swatched the lipstick on the back and fell a little bit in love with the perfect coral shade. My heart broke a little as I reluctantly put the lipstick back down on the counter, but not before my sister told me she would treat me to it as an engagement present. I have a sneaking suspicion she wanted the lipstick too, be regardless, top sister points go to her. 






YSL Rouge Volupté in shade 13 has to be  my new favourite lipstick for spring. It is a very creamy formula that feels very nourishing to the lips, and oh my the colour is stunning. Just imagine the perfect pinky coral in a lipstick. Peaches and corals are my go-to shades for the warmer months, so this lipstick couldn't be more perfect for me. Its a very opaque coral shade with pink undertones and a glossy sheen. I also adore the packaging. I like how the YSL Rouge Volupté range has the classy gold packaging with a hint of the actual colour of the lipstick. My sister already had a few of the Rouge Volupté lipsticks in her collection, so having the hint of colour on the outside means finding the right shade amongst an array of lipsticks is much easier unlike some brands (I'm looking right at you, MAC) 


I can imagine this shade to look great on most people, especially those of you who are lucky enough to have a tan already. This colour will brighten your complexion and compliment glowing, tanned skin perfectly! If you are the type who loves to wear corals, this lipstick is for you. 



44 comments

  1. I was looking for a new orange summer lipstick, and I think I've found the one. I just love YSL packaging too.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this lipstick is gorgeous and has instantly been added to my makeup wish list! I have a YSL Rouge Volupte in #30 Faubourg Peach and they could be sister shades but i think a girl can never have too many lipsticks haha :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I girl can never have too many! Well, thats what I keep trying to tell my Fiancé...

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5/14/2014

    Gahh, its so pretty, and it sucks that there's no decent dupes out there too! :-(

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( it is pretty pricey but worth the splurge!

      Delete
  4. I need a new coral lipstick this summer and this one looks perfect, its been added to my wish list ^.^ x

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this post has made a lot of people want this shade! Its perfect for the season

      Delete
  5. I love this shade it's so gorgeous and the swatch looks really pigmented which is so good xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very pigmented, a little goes a long way!

      Delete
  6. Literally bought this yesterday!
    Isn't is just so gorgeous!

    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have good taste in lipsticks!

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful shade and the packaging is so gorgeous. I need this one asap!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful! And yes you do need it!

      Delete
  8. This is a gorgeous shade! I have always wanted to treat myself to a YSL lipstick and this may be one for me to check out. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet of your sister to buy it for you! This color is lovely. I hope one day I can afford to buy a YSL lip color too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg this is such a beautiful shade - with beautiful packaging to match! Definitely added to the wishlist :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick it up if you can, you'll love it!

      Delete
  11. This is such a gorgeous shade! I definitely need to get my hands on this. So pretty :)
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so pretty, I can't get over the colour or the packaging!

      Delete
  12. Im a sucker for cute packaging, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its just looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have good taste in lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its really pigmented, a little goes a long way

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely pick it up if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know :( Its pretty pricey, but worth the splurge. Its very luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im glad I could hope you find a new shade to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Try it, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is so sweet of your sister to buy this for you! This is such a gorgeous shade! I f never owned a YSL lipstick as well because I find them so expensive which is a shame because I really want one! They have amazing colors, and the packaging is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous Spring shade! I don't own any YSL lipsticks yet but I've had my eye on shade 5 of the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks for a while now, I may put it on my birthday wishlist! Stunning ring by the way!

    Jen | Jen's Little Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this colour, I pink always looks best on darker skin, I could never pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its so pretty! Its definitely worth the splurge, I can't stop wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, he did good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its worth giving it a try, you'll be surprised what you'll like when you step out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Miss. Louise5/19/2014

    I have this color and man oh man is it peach perfection!!! I can't get enough of these!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. perfection is the only word I could use to describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a very pretty color, Victoria and no doubt it'll make your lovely blue eyes pop! :)


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Leigh-Ann Freelove5/28/2014

    I think this has to be the prettiest lipstick I've ever seen! Lovely post x x

    pugsandflowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh this is beautiful! I do love a ysl lippy or two xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x