My top Christmas lipsticks

12.21.2013


MAC Impassioned, Lime Crime Coquette, YSL Rouge Volupte Nude Beige, MAC Ruby Woo

Christmas is right around the corner, I have been so busy the past week I haven't been able to relax once. Monday was a night with the girls, Wednesday was dinner and a movie and two christmas parties back to back. All of us are doing last minuet christmas shopping, wrapping countless presents and trying to find the time to get dolled up for a Christmas party is the last thing on our minds. 

Luckily there is a quick fix out there, a product that within 10 seconds it makes us appear to have our lives together... lipstick. Lipstick can completely transform your daily makeup into a go-to party look. Whenever I am in a rush to get out of the house and have to look presentable, I throw on whatever lipstick I can find first, and i'm good to go. I could sit here for hours and go on and on about what lipsticks you could wear with what makeup looks and which ones are my favourites, but no one really has the time. So instead I have decided to throw a post together including my favourite lipsticks for the holiday season. 


YSL Nude Beige is a pink toned nude with high shine and a very silky finish. It applies so smoothly and has surprisingly long lasting power considering its formula. I like this shade because it complements a bronzed smokey eye look beautifully. Personally I like nude pinks with a bronzed look as I think its the prettiest and adds a subtle colour to the look. This is a great lipstick for when you are on the go, as it a has a glossy finish and its moisturising you don't need to carry several lip products around with you.


Coquette is my perfect nude lipstick, its doesn't wash me out too much, but tones down the colour of my lips to accompany an intense smokey eye. This time of year I really like to darken up my eye looks now and then and create a super intense smokey eye (especially for New Years Eve). Whenever I wear dark eye makeup I like to wear a nude lipstick, as I have darker lips naturally I like to use a product that will lighten my lip shade, but not add too much colour. 


Impassioned is a great shade for adding a pop of colour to your makeup look. If I am in a rush, I love to use hot pink shades to brighten up a makeup look. Pairing a bright lip with a natural eye is a great way to add fun and colour to your makeup without going over board. If you are someone who doesn't like to wear a lot of colour on your eyes, a bright lipstick will tie your makeup together and It makes you look like you have made more of an effort.


Of course I couldn't complete this post without adding a perfect Christmas red. Ruby Woo is my newest favourite lipstick, a cool toned red with a matte finish. Classic eye looks go perfectly with red lipstick, my favourite is a neutral eye with winged eyeliner. This shade works great with my skin tone and because of the cool tones, it actually makes my teeth look a little whiter. 




No comments

Post a Comment

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x