Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude Palette

8.17.2013


At the beginning of this month I picked up the Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude palette to add to my never ending collection of nude eyeshadows. I don't like to wear crazy colours on my eyes so nude colours are my go-to. I was interested in this palette because it has a mixture of nude, pink and darker shades as well as matte and satin finishes so you could create a few versatile looks. 

In this palette you get 8 different shades - a matte white (ivory), matte light brown (cement), shimmery gold (blazing star), satin light gold (beige), shimmery pink (twilight pink), matte pink (naked), matte gray (slate) and finally a matte navy (rich navy). You get a good mix of shades so you could create a very natural look for the day and smoke it out with the darker shades for the evening.




Ivory is a great highlighter shade for under the brown bone and an all over lid colour, paired with cement and naked through the crease it creates a very neutral day time look. Twilight pink and beige both have a satin finish to them which makes them a perfect for both day time and evening looks. I would place these shades on the very centre of the lid to bright up the eye and make your eyes appear bigger! Blazing star is a lovely glittery shade, its not as opaque as it looks in the pan however it does leave a very subtle gold glitter on the lid that isn't over powering or messy as I find most glitter shades to be. Its a build-able colour so you could use your finger to pack on more colour in the evenings to create a more intense look. Finally slate and rich navy are colours that can be used smudged into the lash line as an eyeliner or blended through the crease to create more depth and intensity.  


Neutral eye using Ivory, Cement, Beige and a mixture of Slate and Navy as a liner 


Overall I like this palette. The colours are not as pigmented as I expected they would be, seeing as it set me back £48, but they are build-able and blend nicely together. Bobbi Brown as a brand have impressed me with everything I have purchased over the last few years and this palette is something I'm happy I purchased and will be using up. If you wear a neutral look on a day to day basis and don't mind splurging a little then I would check this palette out. It has all the shades you'll need and its packaged well so you can throw it in your bag if you are on the go. 




No comments

Post a Comment

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x