Beat Winter Skin

11.03.2013


Its getting to that time of year when the leave begin to change, Jumpers become your best friend and Winter is just around the corner. I love many things about Autumn, bundling up with a hot chocolate, walks through the fallen leaves and the smell of bonfires in the evenings. There are many things about the season that bring a smile to my face, except for one thing... dry skin. Like most people, my skin takes a toll when the weather starts to get colder.  My skin becomes flakey, cracked and very de-hydrated which can become rather uncomfortable after a while. I have tried many products beat dry skin in the Winter and I think I have finally found the products that work best for me. 


Lush is definitely my favourite store when it comes to skincare. I especially love their Christmas collection which I will be checking out next weekend! I love Lush for many reasons, not just for the fact they are against animal testing and most of their products are vegan, but they work better than most of the expensive brands i've tried and they have instant pay off. I have a huge stash of Lush products, but these four are the stars of my collection when it comes to surviving the cooler months. 


I always start off my skin care routine with Ocean Salt. This little tub is probably my new favourite product from Lush. I purchased this while I was in Chicago a few weeks ago and it has made a huge difference to my skin. This is an exfoliating scrub that can be used for your body and your face, it has a very gritty texture that is great for removing all the dead skin cells from your nose to the bottoms of your feet. It has a mixture of both fine and coarse sea salt, fresh grapefruit, vodka infused lime, avocado butter, extra virgin coconut oil, lime oil and seaweed. All of these ingredients are brilliant for brightening and softening the skin while the vodka infused lime helps tighten your skin. You will notice a big difference in your skin after the first use as it has an instant pay off.  Your skin is left feeling invigorated, super soft and the scent leaves your shower smelling like a fresh margarita - which i'm not going to complain about! 


A few times a week I will follow my body scrub with Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. After exfoliating I turn off my shower water and generously coat this over my entire body. Like the name suggests its a conditioner, like what you'll use of your hair, expect this is for your body. It has super hydrating ingredients like Almond Oil, Brazil Nut Oil, Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Cupuacu Oil, Cocoa Butter and Rose Oil. When you rinse it off and you skin has absorbed all of the oils, your skin is left feeling soft, subtle and very hydrated. It has a lovely scent of roses which lingers on your skin for the rest of the day.


Dream Cream is my all time favourite body lotion. It is a light, fast absorbing lotion that has seriously helped relieve my dry skin throughout the last few years. It is one of those great all rounders that can be used on even sensitive skin types. It has a great cooling effect that really helps my skin when it becomes irritated or itchy when it is really dry and cracked. It has ingredients similar to Ro's Argan body conditioner like organic extra virgin olive oil, cocoa butter, rose water and oat milk making them work really well when used together. I use this every single day after I shower and it has even gotten rid off those annoying little bumps a lot of people can get on the back of their arms.


My lips have always taken a beating when during the Winter months, I have been through hundreds of lip balms but nothing has worked as well as the Popcorn Lip Scrub. I got this for Christmas last year and I was so excited to find that Lush have brought it back for this Christmas too. You simply dab your finger into the product, scrub it on your lips, lick off the excess and you're left with smooth lips. It only has six simple ingredients in it, Castor Sugar, Jojoba Oil, Sea Salt, Polenta, Coconut Oil and Popping Candy which makes the scrub edible and it also tastes really good.  

No comments

Post a Comment

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x