The Christmas Party

12.13.2013


It's getting closer and closer to Christmas, and the Christmas parties are in full swing. Whether you are attending your works Christmas party or a friend's gathering, this is the time of year to add a bit of sparkle to your look. I absolutely love this time of year, when the decorations are up (a great excuse to bring out more fairy lights) and the Christmas songs are playing on the radio. Now, i'm not one to use a lot of glitter on a daily basis, but around this time of year I always love to add some extra sparkle into my makeup. For my works party next week I already know what makeup i'll be wearing (paired with a gold sequin skirt and a Christmas jumper, oh yes) 

For my base I am going to be using my NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I prefer a dewy look and this foundation gives my skin the perfect amount of coverage with an illuminous finish. As always I'll follow up with MAC pro-longwear concealer under my eyes and dust over with some NARS illuminating translucent powder (I wasn't joking when I said I like to add 'extra' sparkle) During the winter I prefer either warmed toned, natural blushes or a light pinks just to add a subtle flush to my skin. NARS Madly blush is a great pick for me as its a natural looking, peachy blush with a hint of shimmer. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to my face as I don't like to use a lot of bronzer during the cooler months. 

As I will be going to a Christmas party i'm going to be wearing a gold, smokey eye look. I'll start with my MAC painterly paint pot to stop my eye shadows creasing, then layer gold eye shadows on my lid and deep browns in my crease to give my eye's dimension. To intensify the gold i'm going to be using, wait for it ... glitter liner. Like most of us, I regret my glitter liner stages, a thin line of pink glitter across my lash line was never a good look for me. After using loose glitter in my eye looks, and having many tantrums when the fall out would make me look like Edward Cullen, I decided to use glitter eyeliner instead. Behold, a glitter eye look without any fall out! I'll be using my gold glitter liner from Collection, I'll apply it straight over the gold eye shadows and pat it with my finger to make it even. I'll do a layer or two extra to really intensify the glitter. A thin line of gel liner and a few coats of Magnifibres Mascara will give me that false eyelash effect with the hassle of applying those damn things. Magnifibres work with your favourite mascara to add length and volume to your eyelashes, making your eyes appear bigger and more awake. Of course, no Christmas makeup look with complete without a red lip, I'll be applying MAC's Ruby Woo, a matte, cool-toned lipstick that doesn't transfer easily and the undertones will make my teeth appear whiter.

Will you be going to a Christmas party this year? 



9 comments

  1. I love the idea of a totally golden eye, especially with the addition of a gold liner - cute and perfectly festive! x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a pretty look, and it suits every eye colour!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12/13/2013

    I'd love to see pictures of this look and from start to end! Sounds so gorgeous and would really help to recreate it! I am totally in love with your blog and you have a beautiful life! Am very in ore of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do a step-by-step for this look. Thank you for your lovely words!

      Delete
  3. amy boyd12/15/2013

    I've fallen in love with your blog! Pretty sure I've read every post andd I love them.. The layout, your writing and photograpgy are so lovely..avid follower from now on x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the gold glitter liner looks so pretty! i wish they sold collections in the US! also slowly falling in love with the NARS madly blush, it looks like the perfect blush color for winter!

    love you blog, recently just found it and it has become my favorite!

    bri by day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nars sheer glow is my perfect Christmas party foundation, it's so long lasting! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love Ruby Woo, this is going to look so gorgeous! I'd love to see it all together xxxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful choices and great blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x