My Current Daily Makeup

8.23.2013


I am the kind of girl that likes to stick to a certain makeup routine for a few weeks then will change it up every now and then. My daily makeup is typically the same and very neutral, as I have an office job I don't feel the need to wear a lot of makeup. I do switch it up if I am going out or if its a special occasion, but to be honest with you I just don't have time to do a full face of makeup every morning. I am not a morning person so I need to do a quick makeup job then run out of the door.

Loreal Ture Match Foundation

I purchased this in duty free a little while ago because I had heard so many amazing things about this foundation and it did not disappoint! I have never liked drug store foundations as I am a bit of a makeup snob honestly, I would much rather pay more for a high end foundation because I preferred them a lot more. I have been using this for about a month now and I am loving it, I would go as far as to say that this is the best foundation I have ever used. It had an amazing formula, its very light on the skin and is almost a bit watery yet it still has amazing pigmentation. I have compared this to my high end foundations and I prefer the finish of my £8 foundation compared to the £40 ones. Yes thats right, my £40 was a complete waste of money. It has great staying power, a lovely dewy finish and its simply a great foundation. 

MAC Strobe Lotion

I recently hauled this in my Malaga post a few weeks back and I am so impressed with this. I bought it on a whim after receiving recommendations from a few beauty gurus and I did not expect to love it as much as I do. I mix a few pumps of this with my Loreal foundation to give my skin a dewy finish that lasts all day and doesn't make me look too shiny or oily. If you haven't guess by now, I love my skin to have a dewy finish and this product makes it so effortless for me to achieve. I think this is going to be a staple in my collection from now on! 

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Something you need to know about me, I love my Sigma makeup brushes. They are amazing quality for a very good price. I would choose them over MAC and Bobbi Brown any day. I honestly didn't buy into the 'Real Techniques' hype at first, I just didn't see how they would compare to my beloved Sigma brushes. Oh boy was I wrong. This brush has to be one of the best makeup brushes I have ever used. I could never get a good finish when using a flat foundation brush, it would be streaky and it would never blend well. This brush buffs foundation into the skin beautifully leaving it undetectable. I was so impressed with this from the first use that I haven't applied my foundation with a different brush since. Its much quicker for me to apply my foundation now because the expert face brush makes it so much quicker an easier. There are no harsh lines, no creasing, you're just left with a natural finish to the skin so this gets a big thumbs up from me. 

Bare Minerals Blush, Laughter 

I have loved the Bare Minerals brand for the longest time. I actually discovered it just two weeks after it launched in england when it had a teeny, tiny counter in Selfridges. Now the collection has expanded and its amazing to see just how many amazing products the brand has come out with. I have a pretty big collection of Bare Minerals so I have a lot to choose from and this blush had been sat at the back of my makeup draws forgotten about, so it was about time I pulled this one out and gave it a go. I love re-disocvering old products and I forgot just how good this blush was. Its very pigmented and it gives a very natural flush of colour to the cheeks. It is a rosy coral shade which is always my go-to colour and it blends into the skin easily. 

The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer Highlighter

Again, another product from my Malaga haul so you have probably already heard me raving about this stuff. I love how pigmented this is, the smallest amount leaves a gorgeous healthy glow to your cheekbones that really helps them to stand out and look more prominent. I like to use that as a highlighter and I like to light dust whatever is left on the brush over my eyelids to give them a hint of sheen, that way I don't waste product and I don't need to worry about using eye shadow. 


Benefit They're Real Mascara

I am very fickle when it comes to mascara. I normally have about 10 on the go at once and use different onces everyday depending on my mood. I couldn't exactly include all of them in this post but I did include the one I have been reaching for the most recently. I have had so many tubes of this mascara and it will always be one of my favorite products. I like lengthening mascaras the most as I like to accentuate the eyes and make them look bigger and I absolutely HATE clumping. This mascara is the perfect little all-rounder, it gives length, a really black pigmentation, no smudging and it doesn't clump up. I always get tons of complements when I use this mascara, people always tell me how lucky I am to have long lashes and they ask if im wearing false lashes. I like products that simply do what they say they are going to do, and this mascara does its job very well.


Bobbi Brown Bikini Pink

Anyone who knows me will probably know that I have a bit of an obsession with lipsticks, I feel naked if I don't have one on my at all times. I bought this lipstick in an outlet a while ago and forgot about it until recently and fell in love with it again. It has great pigmentation, its not to glossy or chalky and it has a great lasting power. I love my nudes and baby pinks for the day time so this is a go-to color for me when im getting ready for work.




1 comment

  1. Anonymous11/16/2013

    Omg, that Essie nail polish is precious!!!!! I agree with you on the RT brushes. I not too long ago bought my first set and I regretted not buying them earlier! They're great!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x