FOTD - Shimmery Pink Eye Makeup

9.22.2013

 


My typical everyday makeup is a basic neutral eye, mascara and luminous skin with a light coverage. I don't tend to do different makeup looks unless I am going out or if its a special occasion but today I felt like mixing things up a bit. I have these beautiful Bobbi Brown palettes and cream eyeshadows that don't get used very much, however today I felt like I needed a change from my day-to-day routine and I felt inspired by these colours. I wanted to completely change up my routine so I started with some Chanel skincare, starting with the Chanel Eau Doucher Cleansing Water Balance and followed with the Hydramax + Active Serum and Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream to moisturise my skin. We are transitioning from Summer to Autumn (Fall for you American readers) and my skin is feeling the effects of the weather change so it needed a hydrating base.


I started with my new Luminous Moisturising Treatment Foundation from Bobbi Brown. Today was my first day using it and I found it very moisturising, it felt more like a tinted moisturising than a foundation with great coverage, but it does has lavender scent so it might not be great for those with sensitive skin. I then used my Bobbi Brown corrector and added colour to my face by using Nars Laguna Brozner, Nars Orgasm Blush and MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralise Skin Finish.


The eyes were the most exciting part of this makeup look, I used Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear cream shadow in Bone all over from the lid as a base and followed with Long-Wear cream shadow in the shade Ballet Pink on the eye lid. To make the pink more opaque and add intensity to the look I applied Ballet Pink Sparkle Eye Shadow over the top of the cream shadow base and lightly dusted Caramel Eye Shadow through the crease as a transition colour. I finished the look with a thin line of eyeliner by Lancome, a few coats of YSL's Shocking Mascara and lastly YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in shade 13. 




Sadly I couldn't get a good quality picture of the eye makeup because my DSLR camera broke a few weeks ago and I am stuck using a digital camera for now - and of course the battery died before I could get a decent picture. The picture doesn't do the eye shadow any justice in the slightest but it is such a pretty shade. If you are near a Bobbi Brown counter swatch this colour, you'll probably have to buy it there and then. 




1 comment

  1. Anonymous11/16/2013

    How are you liking the YSL mascara!?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x